Tuesday, September 05, 2006
9.2.06: Lincoln to El Paso
Distance: 70.22
Ride Time: 5:36:44
Average Speed: 12.80 mph
Maximum Speed: 24.8 mph
Total Trip Distance: 397.76 miles
Wind: ENE
What I learned today: I miss my Tempur-pedic mattress
Getting our kicks our Route 66. Our route to El Paso snaked around the old Route 66. Today was a sunny day. Still had those d@#$ headwinds, but there were 7 of us riding together (more riders to draft). Here in Atlanta we give new meaning to the term "biker gang".

I wonder if Mr. Sherman bought any of his curiosities at Paul's Exotic Junk store (see 8/31 Greenville to Springfield). I was disappointed that the store was not open, I pondered what was inside.......

It was an otherwise uneventful ride. Lots of corn desert. There were some picturesque small towns. We lunched in either Bloomington or Normal (can't quite tell where one ends and the other begins.) For a little variety, we rode through Bloomington/Normal on a bike trail. It was a paved trail, which was a nice change of pace from the predominant chip 'n tar country roads that we had been riding.
Finally, we rode on to El Paso. Cold beer(s) and a hot shower.
Ride Time: 5:36:44
Average Speed: 12.80 mph
Maximum Speed: 24.8 mph
Total Trip Distance: 397.76 miles
Wind: ENE
What I learned today: I miss my Tempur-pedic mattress
Getting our kicks our Route 66. Our route to El Paso snaked around the old Route 66. Today was a sunny day. Still had those d@#$ headwinds, but there were 7 of us riding together (more riders to draft). Here in Atlanta we give new meaning to the term "biker gang".

I wonder if Mr. Sherman bought any of his curiosities at Paul's Exotic Junk store (see 8/31 Greenville to Springfield). I was disappointed that the store was not open, I pondered what was inside.......

It was an otherwise uneventful ride. Lots of corn desert. There were some picturesque small towns. We lunched in either Bloomington or Normal (can't quite tell where one ends and the other begins.) For a little variety, we rode through Bloomington/Normal on a bike trail. It was a paved trail, which was a nice change of pace from the predominant chip 'n tar country roads that we had been riding.
Finally, we rode on to El Paso. Cold beer(s) and a hot shower.
