Tuesday, September 05, 2006
9.1.06: Springfield to Lincoln
Distance: 49.12 miles
Ride Time: 4:15:51
Average Speed: 11.86 mph
Maximum Speed: 26.4 mph
Total trip distance: 327.48 miles
Winds: NNE (ENOUGH ALREADY!!!)
What I learned today: "Rest days" are even hard
We spent the morning exploring the Lincoln museum in Springfield. It is well worth the visit. But because the winds were strong, we only spent a couple of hours there so we could give ourselves time to get to Lincoln. I did search for the statue of Jebediah, but couldn't find it. D'oh! wrong Springfield.
Sometimes I am amused at the most bizarre things. Check out the top of this 5 story parking garage with the 7 story staircase.

After departing Springfield, we met up with some additional friends on the way to Lincoln. At least we had some fresh legs to draft off of. Even 49 miles was tiring. But I managed to stay awake until 8:30 tonight, which is about an hour later than past nights. Two more friends are supposed to be on the evening train, I guess I'll see them in the morning.
Ride Time: 4:15:51
Average Speed: 11.86 mph
Maximum Speed: 26.4 mph
Total trip distance: 327.48 miles
Winds: NNE (ENOUGH ALREADY!!!)
What I learned today: "Rest days" are even hard
We spent the morning exploring the Lincoln museum in Springfield. It is well worth the visit. But because the winds were strong, we only spent a couple of hours there so we could give ourselves time to get to Lincoln. I did search for the statue of Jebediah, but couldn't find it. D'oh! wrong Springfield.
Sometimes I am amused at the most bizarre things. Check out the top of this 5 story parking garage with the 7 story staircase.

After departing Springfield, we met up with some additional friends on the way to Lincoln. At least we had some fresh legs to draft off of. Even 49 miles was tiring. But I managed to stay awake until 8:30 tonight, which is about an hour later than past nights. Two more friends are supposed to be on the evening train, I guess I'll see them in the morning.
