Tuesday, September 05, 2006

8.30.06 Mount Vernon to Greenville

Distance: 70.94 miles
Ride Time: 5:41:23
Average Speed: 12.72 mph
Maximum Speed: 25.2 mph
Total trip distance: 193.75
Winds: NNE (notice a pattern here?)
What I learned today: How to true up a wheel

It started out as a fairly uneventful ride. About an hour or so into the ride, we arrived in Walnuthill. There wasn't a water tower in town, but we thought there would at least be a gas station. Well, there was a Post Office. But they don't have public washrooms. Just as we arrived, a pickup truck drove by and we asked whether there was a gas station in the area. Well there wasn't, but the man driving the pickup truck offered the bathroom at his trailer. Well, I took him up on his offer (I figured my friends would save me if I didn't re-appear within a reasonble period of time). Well, the man was very polite and went out to talk to my friends after he showed me where the bathroom was. There was a stack of Playboy magazines in the bathroom, so it dawned on me that I was probably the first female in his trailer in years. I probably made his day!

We lunched at a local diner in the quaint little hamlet of Carlyle. We had the opportunity for an all you can eat rib tip lunch. We chose to order breakfast.

Greenville is a dry town. So hot shower, but no cold beer. Dinner at Bubba's, er LuBob's defies description. But, they were selling barns in the parking lot.

Also, apparently they vend live bait downstate as well.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?